On 6th July 2021, from 2pm to 3.15pm, the Webinar “Bioeconomy & Smart Specialization Strategy: tips for application and success stories in the biomaterial sector” will be held.
The EIC supports all stages of innovation, from R&D activities underpinning breakthrough technologies, validation and demonstration of disruptive innovations that meet real-world needs, to developing and scaling up start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). All funded projects and companies have access to a range of business acceleration services with the opportunity to get in touch with new companies, investors, and ecosystem players.
Financial support is provided through three main calls, to which are earmarked € 1.5 billion for 2021:
- “Pathfinder” for advanced research on revolutionary / game-changing technologies;
- “Transition” to transform research results into innovation opportunities;
- “Accelerator”, to develop and scale-up revolutionary high-risk, high-impact innovations.
This training session, organised in the context of the European MPowerBIO project and the “Towards Green Transition” initiative of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP), aims to present the new opportunities of the Horizon Europe EIC Work Programme to SMEs belonging to the biomaterial sectors for different applications. The focus of the webinar is to provide recommendations on how to write a successful proposal under the EIC calls and to develop a strategic circular bio-based business model. Projects of excellence winners of the former SME Instrument calls will be invited to share their experience and the point of strengths to obtain funding and allow the development of their own circular business model.
- 14:00 – 14:10 | Welcome and Opening
Ilaria Re, EU Project Office Director at Consorzio Italbiotec and Cluster Manager at Lombardy Green Chemistry Association
Alessia Rotolo, Senior Project Manager at APRE – Agenzia per la Promozione della Ricerca Europea
- 14:25 – 14:55 | How to overcome the Valley of Death barrier? Best practices of projects funded by SME Instrument
- 14:55 – 15:05 | Strategies and recommendations for developing an attractive bio-based business model
Manfred Kircher, KADIB-Kircher Advice in Bioeconomy and “Towards Green Transition Facility” Expert
- 15:05 – 15:15 | GREENTECH Cluster: aim, mission and SME engagement
Katia Ferrari, Cluster Manger at Clust-ER GREENTECH