The Thematic Groups (GT) are intended as collectors of the requests coming from the Members in the specific areas of competence and as proposers of initiatives (eg position papers, projects, etc.).
The objectives of the Thematic Groups are functional to those of the Association:
- to support the Region in defining and implementing its policies to support innovation;
- to promote the exchange of information and knowledge and collaboration among the Members;
- to give national and international visibility to the interests and skills of the Members.
Each GT defines specific and measurable objectives.
As foreseen by the Statute of the Association (art.15), the Thematic Groups can be constituted at the initiative of the Board of Directors or at least 5 Members.
The Members can participate in the GTs. For special needs related to the topics dealt with (eg. participation as an expert on a specific topic at a certain meeting) or for promotional purposes, non-members may also participate in the Groups. Their participation must be reported to the Secretariat and highlighted in the report of the meeting.
Three Thematic Groups are being set up on the same macro-themes contained in the Lombardy Region Work Program of the Smart Specialization Strategy for the 2017-2018 biennium:
- Sustainable Chemistry (active);
- Bio refineries;
- Bioeconomy of the future.
Each Group will be guided by 3 coordination figures (co-leader), two from the research world, one from the industrial world, who will have the function of:
- to animate the GT and act as referents to the Board of Directors;
- to support the management of the GT;
- to propose project requests;
- to favor the involvement of the industrial component in the GT;
- to highlighting projects and critical issues.